Terms and Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
- This document (General Terms of Sale) defines the terms and conditions applying to sales concluded between, on the one hand, any person visiting the site of V5jewellery.com and, on the other hand, the V5jewellery.com Coco Enzo bvba, registered with the VAT under the number 0831 442 230, and having its registered office at Oudaan 4, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium, the owner of this site.
- Consequently, by accessing and using the site V5jewellery.com, you agree to comply with all the terms and conditions specified herein. You should note that these terms and conditions may be updated at any time. Therefore, you should consult this page regularly in order to apprise yourself of any changes made to the said terms and conditions.
V5jewellery.com offers jewellery products in gold and diamonds made to order by the designer.
Each product’s webpage contains its characteristics. It allows you, the customer, to get a clear view and idea of the key aspects of a product, before placing an order. You acknowledge that your acceptance is based on these descriptions. Any claims concerning the nature of items must relate to the product’s descriptive sheet.
- Choice of items and their essential characteristics;
- Added to basket;
- Validation of the basket’s content;
- Choice of delivery method;
- Choice of means of payment and acceptance of the General Terms & Conditions;
- Payment validation.
During these various stages, you may view the details of your order and its total price and also correct any errors, if necessary, before confirming the order.
Confirmation of the order implies your acceptance of these terms of sale, your acknowledgement that you have read them in full and agreement to waive the application of any other terms and conditions. All the data provided at the time that the order is placed and its confirmation shall constitute valid proof of the transaction.
- Acknowledgement – Acceptence – Errors
Once an order has been validated on the site, you acknowledge that your acceptance constitutes a firm and irrevocable commitment: the sale is considered to have been completed and its payment is immediately due. You are therefore no longer entitled to correct, exchange or return the item(s) ordered (in particular in the case of an error of size).
Once your order has been received you will be sent an automatic email by V5jewellery.com to confirm the order has been placed. We will then contact you the day before your item is due to be dispatched and will let you know how we will be sending it.
Once an order has been confirmed, the manufacturing lead time for the creation of each item is approximately 5 working days upon reception of payment. V5jewellery.com will inform you by e-mail when each item has been manufactured.
- Cancellation rights
V5jewellery.com reserves the right to cancel or refuse any of your orders in case a dispute may exist regarding payment for a previous order or if an order or customer, in V5jewellery.com’s opinion, may represent a risk.
- You cancel
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of your goods (with the exception of any made to order/specially ordered items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty. However, you will need to notify us in writing if you wish to cancel your contract.
If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we will be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
You will be re-credited for the costs incurred in returning faulty goods.
- Cancellation by V5jewellery
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. Your order will then be automatically cancelled.
Engraving – Earrings
We will not accept goods for return if they have been engraved unless the goods are deemed to be faulty.
We cannot accept earrings for return unless they are deemed to be faulty. This is due to health and safety reasons. Please Note: We are unable to receive any returned earrings due to health and safety reasons. In this case, the order must be cancelled before goods have been shipped.
- Prices & VAT
- The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website, expressed in Euros and Dollars. All prices are inclusive of VAT and shipping expenses in Europe at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information excluding any delivery charges, if applicable. As for the USA proces include duty and local taxes as well as shipping expenses. For other countries the price includes free shipping only.
- The prices of the items proposed on V5jewellery.com are valid for 24 hours after their publication on the site. Products are billed on the basis of the prices in force at the time the order is placed.
- The price is payable in full in a single payment.
- Products shall remain the property of V5jewellery.com until payment in full has been received.
- V5jewellery.com shall do everything possible to ensure that all the details, descriptions and prices which appear on its site are accurate, but errors may occur. If an error is noted in the price of items that you have ordered, V5jewellery.com shall inform you accordingly as soon as possible by e-mail and shall offer you the possibility to re-confirm the order at the real price or to cancel it.
- Your payment is due immediately after the order has been placed. You then pay for your order using the Paypal system. Orders will be processed upon receipt of Paypal approval .
- You can obtain an electronic bill from the site. To that end you must specify the electronic address to which the bill is to be sent.
VAT payment conditions:
- Unless stipulated otherwise, the prices indicated on the site include VAT at the Belgian tax rate.
- Items dispatched to Belgium or other European Community countries:
Consumers: the sale includes VAT at the Belgian rate of 21%.
Businesses: the sale is exclusive of VAT (provided that a valid intra-community VAT number is provided).
- Items dispatched to the rest of the world:
Local duty and other related taxes are at the customer’s charge, unless mentioned otherwise on the item’s characteristics on V5jewellery.com
- The site is pleased to receive payment by credit card via Paypal, a secure payment system which encrypts all the information relative to the use of cards during online payment transactions via the site.
- The following cards are accepted: American Express, Visa, MasterCard/Eurocard or Bancontact, Maestro. The online payment page requests you to enter your card number, its expiry date as well as the card’s security code (3 digit number on the back of the card). All of these details are handled with an encrypted protocol automatically to ensure neither V5Jewellery.com nor a third party have access to this information.
- The site shall incur no liability for the consequences of the use of credit cards (fraudulent or other) which might be made by third parties, including via intercepted messages.
- Once the order has been completed, you are redirected to Paypal’s secure site in order to finalize payment of the full amount of the order. This system guarantees the confidentiality of the payment data (in particular credit card numbers) because the site is never aware of your credit card number, which is received by the financial institution in encrypted form. The site has an SSL certificate, which confirms the reality of the existence of Paypal and the use of an SSL certificate for the encryption of confidential data.
- Once payment has been accepted and confirmed, Paypal checks and executes the payment.
- Delivery & Dispatching
- As our jewellery sold on V5jewellery.com is custom-made, the manufacturing lead time for jewellery ordered on the site is approximately 5 working days with effect from the confirmation and payment of the order. V5jewellery.com will send an e-mail to inform you when the jewellery has been produced.
- After this e-mail has been sent, the order is prepared and dispatched as soon as possible by V5jewellery.com, and in any event not more than 30 days after the date of manufacture of the product (subject to validation of payment). A further e-mail is sent to you when the parcel is dispatched by V5jewellery.com.
- Each item is supplied with a guarantee tag sealed to the item with a cotton cord in order for you to be able to try on the item in a comfortable way. This is important as to the information under article 6.
- Deliveries are made to Europe, USA, Canada, Asia, and South-America. However, we are unable to deliver to POSTBOX/APO/FPO addresses. Non-EU countries will follow a different procedure on import taxes.
- Products are delivered to the address indicated by the user at the time the order is placed. We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions (unless this is caused by our negligence). We will aim to deliver the goods by the date quoted for delivery but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, the delivery date will be extended by a reasonable period.
- Delivery is handled by Fedex and DPD and is fully insured. Which company is used will depend on the service you have requested, the value of the item and the destination.
- Delivery to non-EU countries may be subject to import duties and taxes, levied once a shipment reaches your country. You will be responsible for paying additional charges related to customs clearance as we cannot predict what these expenses may be. In such case, please contact your local customs office for further information.
- Delivery rates are as follows: free of charge.
- You might be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations.
- Products are delivered only during the 5 working days in the week (no deliveries will be made during the weekend). You should note that orders registered on the site on Friday afternoon will not be processed until the following Monday.
- Delivery times are depending on the shipping destination and we inform the customer of the approximative time it might take.
- These delivery times are provided for information purposes only.
- V5jewellery.com shall incur no liability in the event of delays, loss of products ordered or strikes which are due to the postal services or carrier. In such cases, you must take the appropriate action directly with the postal services or carrier.
- In order to ensure that products arrive in perfect condition and are protected during transport, all products are carefully packed by V5jewellery.com in accordance with applicable standards. You must check the packaging and the products at the time of delivery.
- Any transport related anomaly must be communicated to the carrier or its representative immediately, on the transport document (as per postmark). A copy of this notification is to be sent to V5jewellery.com by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, and by email (orders@V5jewellery.com), in accordance with the same deadlines.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- We will not be held liable for late delivery of goods caused by circumstances beyond our control. It is your responsibility to ensure there is a person to accept the delivery on the day specified. We will not be held responsible if the delivery was attempted and there was no one to receive the order.
- Any problems concerning the items delivered (damaged, missing articles, broken or faulty items, etc.) must be communicated to V5jewellery.com within 3 days (including public holidays) after delivery (as per postmark and e-mail). This notification, stating all your reservations and claims relative to the non-conformity of the products delivered or defects, is to be sent by e-mail (orders@V5jewellery.com) and by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to:
Coco Enzo bvba - Oudaan 4 - 2000 Antwerp – Belgium
- No claims will be accepted after this period
- Returns & Cancellation
- In accordance with the Belgian law on market practices and consumer protection of 6 April 2010, as the items sold on V5jewellery.com are custom-made according to your personalized specifications, you do not have any right to cancel the purchase (right of withdrawal) or right to return or exchange products, unless the product page states differently.
- Once an order has been validated on the site, you acknowledge that the transaction has been accepted in full consideration of the description of the jewellery sold, and that it constitutes a firm and irrevocable commitment. The sale is then considered to have been completed and the purchase price is immediately due. From this time on, you do not have any right of withdrawal, or right of exchange or return (in particular in the event of an error of size).
- Occasionally we understand that you may wish to return a customized item for an exchange or refund when it is broken or faulty. Any item for exchange or refund must be unworn and returned at your own expense within 14 days from the date on the receipt. Please note that the guarantee tag and the seal as mentioned under article 5.3. should not be damaged and removed in any way. We will not accept an item with a cut seal or signs the item has been worn. In that case the item will be returned to you again at your expense.
- Before posting, you must first make V5jewellery.com aware either by phone or email. Any item returned to us without prior warning will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer at his expense.
- The item must be in its original condition and packaging, accompanied by the original receipt and all packaging, labeling, accessories, manuals and any other documentation included at the time of posting. Without all documentation, we will not accept the item for refund or exchange.
- Liability / Warranty / Guarantee
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we will have no liability to you unless you notify us of the problem in writing at our contact address within 30 days of the date on which you ordered the goods (unless this is not reasonably practicable). If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
- Both parties shall only be liable under this contract for losses, which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer neither under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- V5jewellery.com does not guarantee the accuracy of the information posted on this site and shall incur no liability for any damage incurred as result of any inaccuracy, including direct and consequential damages, or the loss of enjoyment resulting from the use of the site.